About Makana Villa - Discovery Bay Jamaica
Makana is one of the premier private villas on this prestigious, and well known, peninsula in Discovery Bay! This very luxurious and spacious, 9,500 sq. ft' villa has 7-bedroom and 7 1/2 baths and has it's own private white sand beach.
Makana is beautifully decorated and provides comfortable seating in multiple areas within the villa and around the grounds. Enjoy the covered outdoor patio right off the main living room that includes a marble top bar, four bar seats, sink and ice maker. There is a large flat screen TV on the wall just behind the bar.
Enjoy your day by the large infinity pool, with full sea views, large sun deck area with lounge chairs and additional seating on the pool deck.
Just steps away the fully furnished gazebo on the very wide jetty that extends out into the sea - here you will find another living room setting, dining area and the newly installed wooden deck with ladder for easy access into the sea for swimming and snorkeling.
Don't forget the hot tub, fully equipped fitness room and you own private tennis court!
Makana has a suburb staff to take care of all your needs; butlers, a cook, housekeepers, gardener, laundress.
The state-of-the-art kitchen includes commercial ovens, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and gas grill.
The talented Makana chef treats guests each week to barbecues of steaks, chicken, shrimp, pork and lobster fired on the outdoor gas grill.
Home cooked meals are served on the veranda, gazebo, or overlooking the seaside, garden and pool.
All of the spacious bedrooms, most with sitting areas, have private balconies/verandas with views of the bay. The en-suite baths are beautifully tiled
The owners of Makana have provided luxurious nighttime comfort by installing top-of-the-line mattresses and pillows, and hypo-allergenic down feather bed mattress toppers and lovely luxury linens. All bedrooms have closet safes and TV.
* All bedrooms, living room and family room equipped with flat screen televisions. Cable TV throughout.
* Family room/ home office with computer, fax, printer, DVD player, Sonos music system
* Home office with computer, fax, DVD player, Playstation II with games and movies.
* Wireless Internet access throughout house.
* Makana has Apple TV
* The living and dining room has views of beautiful and serene Discovery Bay.
* The dining area seats 12 and has a buffet area opening out onto dining terrace, which seats an additional six persons.
* The large furnished covered patio opens onto garden and has a full service bar, with ice maker, wine cooler & TV ... views of Discovery Bay
* 16' x 36' Infinity edge swimming pool and hot tub
* Complimentary sea kayaks, 3 paddle boards, and snorkeling equipment / more water sports near by
* Private tennis court with lights for night play / includes tennis rackets and balls and a tennis ball machine
* Basketball hoop- located at the tennis court
* Air-conditioned fitness room with multi weight machine, treadmill, elliptical, free weights and powder room / Bose Stereo
* Table tennis to be set up where guests desire
* Massage room or have your treatments in the seaside gazebo!
* Spa specialists available on call for massage & body treatments - your choice of location: bedroom. balcony or in the garden. (various charges apply)
* Safes for storage of valuables in all bedrooms
* Complimentary portable cribs, 2 high chairs and a booster chair / spacious lawn area for children to play!
* Free phone calls to US, Canada and landlines in the UK
* Wireless Internet throughout the villa
* the calm waters in Discovery Bay are perfect for snorkeling and kayaking!
With so many fabulous amenities, and your own private beach, Makana feels like your own private mini resort!
It's an absolutely wonderful choice for a very special family holiday in Jamaica!
Let the staff at Makana pamper you in this fabulous tropical setting!
UPSTAIRS ~ 4 bedrooms and Family Room
King-size bed in 840-square-foot suite with private balcony, bay view, sitting room with three seat sofa; large en-suite bath with double basin vanity, shower and stand alone bathtub.
Bedroom 2~ Papaya Room
King size bed in 540-square-foot suite; en-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower and double sink vanity - private balcony.
Bedroom 3~ Breadfruit Room
King size bed in 480-square-foot suite; en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, double vanity and stand alone shower - private balcony.
Bedroom 4~ Starfish Room - can accommodate 4 children
Two queen size beds in 450-square-foot suite; white marble en-suite bathroom with large walk in shower; private balcony and TV
Family Room: Luxuriously furnished and super comfortable room has a 64"LCD television and sound bar. Home office complete with apple computer, printer, phone and fax machine. Wireless internet throughout the villa.
DOWNSTAIRS ~ 3 bedrooms and sitting area in private annex.
An interior water feature joins the main villa to the annex
Bedroom 5~ Bamboo Room
King-size Bamboo four poster bed in 380-square-foot suite: en-suite bathroom with tub/shower; private veranda
Bedroom 6~ Sugar Cane Room
King-size bed in 380-square-foot suite; en-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower and private terrace
Bedroom 7~ Coconut
King-size bed, optional twins, in 440-square-foot suite; en-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower / has garden view
Kindly note: maximum occupancy desired is 14 adults and 2 infants at Makana,
On request we can accommodate two additional children 12 years or under - extra person charge is $100. per night. per child.
Smoking is only allowed on the outdoor verandas at Makana - Thank you
Puerto Seco Beach – Complimentary to guests on Discovery Bay
Located near the entrance of Fortlands Road (a 10-15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from your villa), is the newest water park & beach club to the North Coast. For various fees, guests may enjoy the large aqua park, scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaks & paddleboards. The club hosts a full service bar and restaurant as well as private beach cabanas or sun loungers for rent.
Click Here for: Puerto Seco Beach
Dear Vicki, My family and I had an awesome week at Makana! Everything was wonderful: the beautiful villa and all its amenities were enjoyed immensely. The staff was very kind, helpful and attentive to all our needs. Michael our driver got us safely to all our destinations and was always waiting for us with a smile. Meals were very good; can't say enough about the whole experience. Highly recommend. Thank you, Kathy
Dear Vicki, Makana was a fantastic villa, everyone enjoyed it and it was perfect for the children! The staff were all amazing and took extremely good care of all of us. My young son was particularly upset to say goodbye to them when we left. Thank you for your help will all details - our driver was very good as well!
The staff is amazing. The house is clean and wonderful. Thank you!
Service was absolutely incredible. This staff is second to none!
Beautiful home and very comfortable. Our driver Charlie was great. Thanks for your help!
Everything was absolutely excellent. Kayla was a star! Particularly comfortable beds, seating.
Beautifully maintained property. An exceptionally well run villa with exceptional staff. Thank you!
Had the best time. Loved the villa and everything was arranged beyond expectations. Staff was great! Food was also great!
I came to celebrate my birthday and I will never forget my magical stay at Makana. I will definitely come back. The owners have created an amazing comfortable paradise. It is truly beautiful and first class. I have found my beach vacation spot!
The staff was outstanding. Exceeded my expectations. Throughout our stay the staff was ever present, but not obtrusive ever. We will miss each of them. We look forward to returning.